Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I 'heart' Dust

Ah, make the most of what we yet may spend,
Before we too into the Dust descend;
Dust into Dust, and under Dust, to lie,
Sans Wine, sans Song, sans Singer, and---sans End

Omar Khayam





Thank you Mr. Sand Storm. See I was sitting on my @$$ scratching my head wondering how I’m going to fill up the 20 min rest time I have tomorrow, when in you come and splash dust all over my room. Get up and dust you say with a smile. So thank you for being so concerned with my productiveness.


[10 minutes later]


Ok, so that was sarcastic… scratch everything I said above…me so sorry Mr Dust…didn’t mean to be sarcastic.



[10 more minutes later]


Ok, here’s the thing--on my last birthday I made a promise to myself that from now on I would always see the bright side of things, the good intention of others, the positive long term outcome of things. And I had successfully kept this promise till now that is...now that I offended Mr. Dust.

So to reprimand things, here’s my Top 10 Reasons Why Dust is a GOOD Thing:


1. When I dust, I have a lot of hand movements which means I burn a lot of calories, so basically dusting actually helps me stay in shape.

2. Dusting also helps me save money on gym membership fees.

3. When I dust I have to listen to music, so dusting helps me brush up on my dancing skills.

4. They say that dust is composed primarily of dead skin cells. So I guess this includes deceased people, which I guess includes my deceased ancestors. So basically I connect with my ancestors every time I dust.

5. I also build a close relationship with my household appliance every time I dust. I mean I’m touching them all over and touching always leads to intimacy.

6. I don’t know why every time I dust or vacuum I find lots of lost items...hmmm

7. Dusty days kinda look romantic. Sometimes it’s hard to tell whether it’s dusty or foggy. I love foggy days :D

8. Dusty days help mask manufacturing companies increase their sales.


And the number one reason why I like dust:


9. Add a sprinkle of water onto dust and you are in an aroma therapy session


Ok, that was nice…now I feel better…life is beautiful again now that I have made my peace with dust.


*goes to smell a rose*

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

@@ shocking! dust of all things!

interesting and scary at the same time!

Anonymous said...

looooooool @ the aroma therapy...btw its not romantic in anyway! I just hate dust and there is no good side about it except clean clean n clean :)

Mirror Polisher said...

skinny bumblebee: Yes, dust of all things...see how positive i have become :D

amu: that aroma thing was the only non-sarcastic point :D

Anonymous said...

I guess u have adopted one of newtons law which says every action leads to positive reaction or something like that :D

falantan said...

I like winter dust because it usually is followed by rain :)

Anonymous said...

Dust is memories ..

Anonymous said...

This is one of the things that I cannot forget about Kuwait...DUST!

di.di said...

>>on my last birthday I made a promise to myself that from now on I would always see the bright side of things, the good intention of others, the positive long term outcome of things.

easier said than done!! believe me...

Mirror Polisher said...

amu: oooh boy...u r taking me back to high school physics class :D...didn't that dude say for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction?

falatan: aaaahhhh yes, rain and dust hmmmmmm


ihamad: *smiles at the meaning behind this short yet powerful sentence*
I'm gonna stop dusting, coz i don't wanna dut my memories away :D

rieaane: look at it as fog :D

didi: i believe you...it took me a long time...actually very looong time, but i think these days automatically i do look at the bright side of MOST things. That's why i am happier than those bleak days that i was suspicious of everyone.

Anonymous said...

my physics is bad so I leave the conclusion on u :D

Mirror Polisher said...

amu: *goes to write her new theory on physics*