Thursday, March 20, 2008

Goodbye 1386


Twelve hours ago



It came, the morning breeze, the first breeze of spring. It whirled in, into my room, into my solitude, it twirled around, around my being, around my aura,, it surfed in, surfed careless into my being, into my soul. I am light, I am happy, I smile.

Only a couple of hours of 1386 is left. I close my eyes, tilt my head back, drop to my knees and the sigh lets itself out. A sigh that means…that simply means…thank you.

Thank you 1386. Thank you for 365 blissful days.

Remember the day I said hello to you? The day I wrote this post: “Happy Nowrooz 1386: My personal 7 seens”. Little did I know that my ‘inner’ journey started when I published that post. Little did I know that when the year 2007 ended I would publish this: Goodbye 2007.

And now, at exactly 9:18 and 19 seconds, I would be bidding farewell to 1386. My ‘inner’ journey will end with a physical one. I came to Iran to take a long overdue trip with my mom. A trip that I KNOW will be uplifting for my mom after a difficult year.

The goldfish on our 7 seen table smiles back at me; it winks, it says: Noroozetan Pirooz

3 comments:

Grey said...

lol ! so its still dark ages? Just kidding ,

Happy new Year . Have tons of blessing for the year!

Anonymous said...

very cute stuffs!

Mirror Polisher said...

grey: hehehe actually people have been celebrating Nowrooz for about 3000 years...i'm not sure but i guess 1387 refers to how many years ago Iran became a moslem country

rieanne: :D thans