Monday, April 14, 2008

I FEEL ALIVE

Ahhhh my good old friend has wrapped itself around me again. This time though it doesn’t come alone, Who are these friends? If I remember correctly that’s the sweet smell of a wild berry tree drenched in spring rain, and aahh there’s the cool air that’s bouncing off that brick wall, just listen to that music our pure stream is playing…yeah of course a canary has to be whistling amidst this ‘earthy’ aroma. Thank you dear breeze, thanks my old friend for bringing new friends with you this time.


I FEEL ALIVE


Ahhhh yeah, today (Tuesday) was Sizeh Bedar (Thirteen gone out); it’s basically the last day of Norooz and as part of our tradition, it’s a day where THE WHOLE nation goes out to have a picnic. In every single park, river bank, meadow, gardens, or anywhere there’s a patch of greenery you would see families barbequing, playing badminton or volleyball, swinging on makeshift swings, smoking hookah, and dancing…yes even dancing but not in parks (too many prying eyes there :D)


I FEEL ALIVE


So mom and I are back in Tehran. During the past two weeks we went to Masouleh, Shomal (northern cirites of Iran near the Caspian sea), Abyaneh and Kashan. We still have to go to Isfahan, possibly next week. During this trip I have come to understand that:


1. Iranians are very sociable/talkative :D


2. Iranians favorite past time seems to be fighting and dancing :D :D


3. Iranians are neither leaders nor blind followers.


4. Iranians don’t appreciate their cultural heritage or historical sites



In separate posts I would elaborate on each. Till then here are some pix from around Tehran and places we visited.



Swing in Abasabad Jungle (shomal)



Historical House in Kashan (Borejerdi House)



Pic taken from a moving vehicle enroute to Masouleh (shomal)



A window in a Tradtional House in Kashan (Tabatabaee House)




Shop in Tajresh-Tehran selling Nowrooz stuff

Melat Park-Tehran


Abasabad Jungle-shomal




Ceiling in Tabatabee House-Kashan


Abyaneh woman wearing tradtional clothes (will post more details about Abyaneh soon)


Abasabad Jungle--shomal

3 comments:

Arsh said...

oh wow, I love the Abyane Pic you took. That's one amazing shot! Nice capture lady.

Mirror Polisher said...

Thanks khanoum :D I had to be very careful taking pix in Abyaneh; they had a huge banner up saying that "It's strictly forbidden to take photos of the local woman". The ones I took pix of gave me permission.

Anonymous said...

i hope i can visit those places!