Monday, April 21, 2008

Jack Handey Quotes

On my old blog, I used to regularly publish quotes I liked. And since tonight, well heck I bored, I thought I’ll reinitiate that tradition. Here are a couple of quotes from Jack Handey:


"When you die, if you go somewhere where they ask you a bunch of questions about your life and what you learned and all, I think a good way to get out of it is just to say, 'No speaka English.'"


"Whenever you read a good book, it's like the author is right there, in the room, talking to you, which is why I don't like to read good books."


"I wish I would have a real tragic love affair, and get so bummed out that I just quit my job, and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking about doing that anyway.


"One day one of my little nephews came up to me and asked me if the equator was a real line that went around the Earth, or just an imaginary one. I had to laugh. Laugh and laugh. Because I didn't know, and I thought that maybe by laughing he would forget what he asked me."


If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is, "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is, "Probably because of something you did."


"Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny."


"To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other."


"I think a pillow should be the peace symbol, not the dove. The pillow has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn’t have a beak to peck you with.


"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."


"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at some guys, throw one of those little baby-type pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think of how crazy war is, and while they're thinking, you can throw a real grenade."

"Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis."

3 comments:

MMK080 said...

LOL! That was absolutely hilarious. Thanks you so much for sharing that.

From a satisfied first visitor to your blog.

Keep up the good quality posts!

Arsh said...

Nice quotes, thnx for sharing them. Oh, 'n nice skin for your blog. I like it alot.

Cheers

Mirror Polisher said...

mmk080: glad u liked them :D

arshia: thanks...i'm bored with it alread :D...thinking of changing it again :)