Sunday, November 11, 2007

To answer Intxlptr question: Source of the new name “Mirror Polisher”

Though I did become familiar with the concept of polishing mirrors through studying Sufism, I have not used it with the same symbolic meaning.

Why Mirror Polisher? Coz I used to dread mirrors. I would only look into one in the mornings when brushing my hair, and even then only at my hair, never into my eyes. For some reason, staring straight into my own eyes wasn’t too comfortable for me. Maybe it was because our eyes are mirrors of our souls; if you look deep enough you can see the essence of one’s soul. For me a Mirror Polisher is a person who is not afraid of seeking self-awareness, who polishes the mirror to get a clear reflection of their soul.

2 comments:

Intlxpatr said...

So you are on a journey to polish your soul! It's a whole new way of thinking, isn't it?

Mirror Polisher said...

I was about to type that my only regret is that I didn't start this journey a lot sooner,, it would have saved me a lot of headache and I would have made other life changing decisions...but then I realized that I was ready earlier to embark on this journey. I had to go through what I went through; it prepared me.